Friday, November 04, 2005

Bonfire of the Vanities: Married Priests? Big deal...

I just discovered Fr. Martin Fox's blog, "Bonfire of the Vanities." In this entry, he gives an excellent priest's-eye view on the issue of married priests.

This is a topic where everyone seems to have an opinion, but why not ask the people who would be affected the most?

I once visited a Redemptorist priest in his rectory, a very nice place to say the least. He made the comment that he thought married priests might not be a bad idea. I asked him how he would feel if I became a priest and moved in with my wife and four kids. Would it interupt his prayer and meditation if one of my roudy sons was dribbling a soccer ball down the hall with his music blaring? It didn't take long for him to admit that it might not be such a good idea after all.

But, I digress. Read Fr. Fox's entry for some good insight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home