Monday, October 17, 2005

Aaaargh!!!


Am I the only one who cringes everytime I hear or see a commercial for Phillips 66? You know, the ones that end "Life happens between empty and full."

That may be true for oil company executives. But for me, life happens between full and empty. That's when I drive to church. That's when I take my wife out for dinner. That's when I go to visit a friend, or visit the sick, or go to a ball game. Good things in our lives often involve driving, and that's when the guage goes down, not up.

The only thing that happens between empty and full is that I stand there, inhaling gas fumes, watching the numbers on the pump spin at an increasingly obscene rate of speed while the dollars are sucked out of my wallet. That's life? I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home