Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Fighting Back

I received the following email today from my son, Tim. I think we're all feeling the pain at the gas pump. But, what to do? A friend just bought a Toyota hybrid vehicle that gets over 60 mpg, but it took him nine months to get it; not exactly an immediate solution to the problem. Tim's idea is a good one. I thought I would harness the power of the Internet. Spread the word!

My friends,
While I was at work today a friend and I were having a
discussion about the price of gas. That seems to be a
very frequent topic of conversation these days. He
told me he had an idea of how to get back at the gas
companies that are constantly rasing gas prices,
regardless of the actual quantities of gas available.
His idea was simple...buy nothing but gas. He said we
have no choice but to buy the gas, but we do not have
to buy anything else (soda, coffee, smokes, food,
ect.).
At the time it seemed like a silly idea, but I began
to crunch the numbers in my head. Think of all the
times you have gone to a gas station and bought
something other than gas. Now take the number and
multiply it by the number of people driving cars in
this country, and that dollar for a soda becomes
millions of dollars in the pockets of large oil
companies. It is this money that they use to lobby
politicians and keep us prisoners to the pump.
So put this idea into practice, and tell everybody you
know to do the same. It is not hard. You can get all
the items you buy at the gas station at other places,
and usually cheaper. Heck, there is a Walgreens every
ten feet, just go there.
It is time we fought back as consumers.

Thanks for your time,
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home